Making pizza in a frying pan is a convenient way to enjoy a delicious homemade pizza without the need for an oven. In this guide, I will explain a step-by-step process for making a tasty pizza using a frying pan. Let’s get started!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Toppings of your choice (e.g., sliced bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, pepperoni, etc.)
- Frying pan (preferably non-stick)
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- Rolling pin
- Oven mitts
- Plate or cutting board
- Knife or pizza cutter
Step 1: Prepare the Dough
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, instant yeast, salt, and sugar.
- Gradually add warm water to the mixture while stirring with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Once the dough starts to come together, add olive oil and continue mixing until a soft dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Shape the dough into a ball and let it rest in the bowl, covered with a kitchen towel, for about 30 minutes to allow it to rise.
Step 2: Prepare the Frying Pan
- Take a frying pan with a diameter similar to the size of the pizza you want to make.
- Place the pan on the stovetop and preheat it over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil onto the frying pan and spread it evenly to prevent the dough from sticking.
Step 3: Roll Out the Dough
- Once the dough has risen, transfer it back to the lightly floured surface.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough into a circle or desired shape that fits the frying pan.
- Roll the dough to a thickness of about 1/4 inch, or to your preference.
Step 4: Cook the Pizza
- Carefully transfer the rolled-out dough to the preheated frying pan. Be cautious as the pan may be hot.
- Cook the dough on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes until the bottom becomes golden brown. You can cover the pan with a lid to help the cheese melt evenly.
- Flip the dough using oven mitts or a spatula to cook the other side for another 2-3 minutes until it also turns golden brown.
Step 5: Add Toppings and Cheese
- Once both sides of the dough are cooked, remove the frying pan from the heat source.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly on the cooked side of the dough.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Add your desired toppings, such as sliced bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, or pepperoni.
Step 6: Finish Cooking the Pizza
- Place the frying pan back on the stovetop over low heat.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the toppings are heated through.
- Keep a close eye on the pizza to prevent burning or overcooking. Adjust the heat as necessary.
Step 7: Serve and Enjoy
- Once the cheese is melted and the pizza is cooked to your liking, carefully remove the frying pan from the heat.